We announce the recruitment in the OPUS NCN project entitled "Precision symmetry tests between matter and antimatter via measurements of the decays of positronium atoms using the modular J-PET tomograph".
The research group of P. Moskal invites applications for a postdoctoral position in the project entitled „Precision symmetry tests between matter and anti-matter via measurements of the decays of positronium atoms using the modular J-PET tomograph”.
The minimum requirements for candidates are:
- PhD diploma in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of science.
- Experience in radiation detectors calibration, advanced multi-level data analysis, Monte-Carlo simulations, advanced level statistical inference, relativistic kinematics and computer programming.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
The successful applicant is expected to perform following research tasks:
- Elaboration of methods for the reconstruction of time and position of decays of para- and ortho-positronium atoms and methods for the determination of polarisation of gamma quanta and positronium atoms. Measurements with the J-PET-192strip and modular J-PET-312strip tomographs equipped with the spherical annihilation chamber and COSMIC RADIATION VETO DETECTOR;
- Data taking and data quality checks;
- On-line calibration of the whole detection system; Elaboration of methods for identification and selection of registered events;
- Elaboration and validation of the background suppression methods;
- Conceptual work aiming at elaboration of new observables for the test of discrete symmetries with the J-PET detector;
- Interpretation of results, preparation of scientific articles, presentation of results at conferences and scientific meetings.
The candidates should submit applications containing the following documents
- short application including motivation letter (maximum three pages),
- scientific CV including list of publications ,
- at least two letters of recommendation ( preferentially send directly to P. Moskal via e-mail).
All documents should be submitted in the pdf format to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will start on the 1st of January 2021 and will be available maximally for three years.
We offer contract with the remuneration of 10000 PLN per month brutto-brutto equivalent to about 6000 PLN netto plus social and health insurance
The deadline for submission of applications is 7 November 2020.
The candidates will be informed (by email) of the result of the selection on 10th of November 2020.